The seminar, part of the dissemination of the H2020 project REPAiR – Resource Management in Peri-urban Areas: Going Beyond Urban Metabolism (G.A. 688920) will host international speakers that will discuss about Circular Economy & the built environment. Specifically, they will explore which are the main challenges that they are facing nowadays in the integration of Circular Economy perspective in their work. In addition, they will give their point of view on the main drivers that will change society, city and our profession in relation to Circular Economy in the next future.
Which are the challenges faced by professionals in designing the shift towards a more circular built environment and economy? How are policy makers and designers embedding a circular approach towards the use of resources into their work? Six international speakers will share their perspective on the topic to discuss an alternative kind of urban development.
The objective of the seminar is to inquire in a broad sense how the principles of Circular Economy affect the design of the built environment, from the metropolitan to architectural scale in relation to planning and policy making. Moreover, the seminar aims to investigate how the cooperation between citizens and other stakeholders in Living Labs enhances the implementation of a more Circular Economy.
- Ellen van Bueren – Professor of Urban Development Management at TU Delft, Principal Investigator at the Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Metropolitan Solutions, Amsterdam, NL
- Eveline Jonkhoff – Sustainability Manager, City of Amsterdam, NL
- Dario Domante – Urban Planner at K-City – Urban planning and Development consultancy, Milan, IT
- Jan Jongert – Architect and founding partner at Superuse Studios, Rotterdam, NL
- Nicola Delon – Architect and founding partner at Encore Heureux, Paris, FR
- Joris Brouwers – Designer and Visual Artist, founder of House of Bouw, NL
- David Peck – Researcher and Professor in the field of critical materials and circular design, TU Delft
- Alessandro Rocca – Associate Professor of Architecture and Urban Design, Politecnico di Milano
- REPAiR Team, TU Delft