We are looking for a curious, entrepreneurial and energetic communications intern for a period of 4 - 6 months, starting September 2019. AMS Institute is a network organization that strives to be adaptive to the challenges of the city. We are therefore looking for creative talents that share our mission and want to strengthen our team during an internship.
AMS Institute is a public-private institute founded in 2014 by Wageningen University & Research (WUR) and Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), together with Massachusetts Institute of Technology. We are a young and ambitious international institute at the forefront of innovation, situated at the nexus between industry, government and academia. Engaging and developing the latest technology and science with research, experiments and projects in the city of Amsterdam, we take on the challenges posed by our rapidly urbanizing world.
Our mission is to develop a deep understanding of the city – sense the city – to design solutions for its challenges, and integrate these into the city of Amsterdam. Our research portfolio revolves around applied technology in themes such as mobility, energy, circularity, urban climate, food & data, and integrating these themes to create a prosperous society.
What makes us unique is that we valorize our research in practice, using the city of Amsterdam as a living lab: a valuable context for experiments that helps develop and test advanced solutions for challenges in urbanized metropolitan areas around the globe. The three core pillars of the institute are Research & Valorization, Innovation and our educational program, including our own Master’s program Metropolitan Analysis Design & Engineering (MSc MADE).
The activities will you be working on
As an intern you will work on helping us to shape and develop in internal and external communication strategy, work on community building, contribute to organizing events and raise awareness about AMS Institute, our research, innovation and educational activities. Possible activities are:
- Exploring, creating, editing and publishing content for our newsletter, website and social media channels
- Help developing activities, tools and events to shape and develop our community of colleagues, researchers, partner and stakeholders
- Experimenting with new types of content, such as creating podcast, vlogs etc.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for a creative and energetic communications intern that is keen to dive into our organization and activities.
- You are enrolled in a Bachelor or Master in (Science) Communication, or any equivalent study
- You feel connected to the urban challenges of the city of Amsterdam and preferably live in or near Amsterdam
- You’re available for a period of 4-6 months, 4 or 5 days a week
- You have strong English written & verbal communications skills
- You would like to work on both content and events
- You are social-media savvy
- You’re a team player and eager to learn
- Experience in illustrator/InDesign, or video production is a plus
What we can offer you
- An innovative working environment focused on the urban challenges of the city of Amsterdam
- We work with a broad network of partners, during your internship you will get to know the Amsterdam innovation eco-system
- You will be working in an enthusiastic team from our new office at the Marineterrein Amsterdam innovation district
- You will have learning opportunities which we shape together with you. You will also have your own responsibilities and your personal input is much appreciated
- An internship allowance
For more information & to apply
As an academic institution, we have education and learning at our core. So if you have specific skills you would like to develop on the topic of communication, or if there is an urban topic that you feel strongly connected to, please let us know in your application.
Questions and applications can be sent to Maud Kaan, Communications Advisor at AMS Institute. When applying, please share your CV and motivation.
You can apply until August 30th.
Hopefully we'll speak to each other soon!