Responsible Urban Digitization Program
AMS Institute has six programmes working on six urban challenges of the city. The Responsible Urban Digitization Program works on developing digital solutions for the city that make use of cutting edge technology, such as machine learning, distributed ledger technology, sensor technology, virtual reality. Yet these technologies should be designed in such a way that they are respectful of citizens digital rights and aligned with the democratic values that society upholds: equality, inclusivity and freedom of choice.
What we offer:
- Work on advanced metropolitan solutions for the responsible digitization of Amsterdam, using a “living lab way of working” (read more about how we work here).
- A dynamic working environment at the Marineterrein in Amsterdam, with (access to) researchers from the TU Delft, Wageningen UR and MIT, municipality of Amsterdam and many private and public partners.
- A team of highly adaptive and creative professionals working on the bridge between science and society.
- An internship compensation.
What we look for an intern:
- A drive to learn and work on complex, metropolitan challenges.
- A drive to bolster the development of human-centric and democratically controlled digital technology.
- A T-shaped profile, with both expertise in a specific scientific field as well as ambition to learn networking and project management skills.
- You are a bachelor or master student with a relevant background to the challenge of responsible digitization. AMS is currently working on (before applying we advise you to have a closer look here).
- You are available for at least 4 months.
- Fluent in Dutch & English
How to apply?
Do you think you should be the next addition to our team!? Apply by sending an email to Thijs Turèl before the 20th of August.
To be eligible for an internship in the Netherlands, you need to be enrolled at an educational institution. Please only apply if you will be enrolled for the entire period of your internship.