AMS Institute is a public-private institute founded in 2014 by Wageningen University &Research and Delft University of Technology, together with Massachusetts Institute of Technology. We are an internationally leading institute where talent is educated and engineers, designers and both natural and social scientists jointly develop and valorize integrated metropolitan solutions. Our mission is to develop a deep understanding of the city -sense the city- to design solutions for its challenges and integrate these into the city of Amsterdam. AMS Institute is located at Marineterrein Amsterdam, an area in the heart of the city.
Responsible Sensing Lab
AMS Institute has six programmes working on six urban challenges of the city. The Responsible Sensing Lab is a collaboration with the City of Amsterdam. The lab works on developing smart sensing systems for the city that collect relevant data but are also designed to be respectful of citizens digital rights, such as privacy and autonomy and are designed to be understandable and easy to interact with.
What we offer
- Work on advanced metropolitan solutions for the responsible digitization of Amsterdam, (read more about how we work here).
- A dynamic working environment at the Marineterrein in Amsterdam, with (access to) researchers from the TU Delft, Wageningen UR and MIT, municipality of Amsterdam and many private and public partners.
- A team of highly adaptive and creative professionals working on the bridge between science and society.
- Work in an environment where we rapidly investigate, design and prototype.
- An internship compensation consisting of max 500 euro bruto per month for a 40 hour work week
What we look for in an intern:
- A drive to learn and work on complex, metropolitan challenges.
- A drive to bolster the development of human-centric and democratically controlled digital technology.
- A T-shaped profile, with both expertise in a specific scientific field as well as ambition to learn networking and project management skills.
- You are a bachelor or master student with a relevant background to the challenge of responsible digitization, such as governance, industrial design, ethics & technology. AMS Institute is currently working on Responsible Urban Digitization, before applying we advise you to have a closer look here.
- You are available for between 4 – 6 months, for a minimum of 4 days a week.
- Fluent in Dutch & English. Speaking the Dutch language is a requirement.
How to apply?
Do you think you should be the next addition to our team!? Apply by sending an email to Thijs Turèl (email@example.com) before the 14th of January 2020.
To be eligible for an internship in the Netherlands, you need to be enrolled at an educational institution. Please only apply if you will be enrolled for the entire period of your internship.