- Department: Communications Team, AMS Institute
- Job title: PR and Content Officer (full-time, 36-40 hours)
- Location: Amsterdam
- Salary & benefits: Salary: Between €2.920 - €4012 gross per month (on 40h/week basis, depending on work experience). Plus annual supplementary pay (13th month).
PR, corporate storytelling and content marketing, do these topics make you tick? Can you translate even the most difficult topics to appealing and accessible content, do you have a creative approach, and would you like to work from an environment where innovation takes shape? Please continue reading...
““The challenges cities face today are both fascinating and overwhelming because of their complex character. Being part of the solution for these challenges is what drives me to work at AMS Institute.””
About Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Metropolitan Solutions
Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Metropolitan Solutions is a leading international research institute in the area of urban innovation and technology. We believe that by generating ideas, talent and collaborations, and closely interacting with cities as we know them today, we can help analyze, design and engineer solutions for the cities we need and aspire. Cities that are more sustainable, prosperous, resilient and just. We call this: re-inventing cities.
Our ambition is to create sustainable metropolitan solutions by realizing a cross-fertilization of ideas. We do this through four main activities: education, research & innovation, entrepreneurship and partnerships. In close collaboration with both public & private partners and citizens, we valorize our research in practice, with the city of Amsterdam as our living lab. AMS Institute is located at in the heart of Amsterdam at Marineterrein Amsterdam.
We are currently looking for a PR and Content Officer, to help us lead the institute into a next phase of development. Your main focus will be on PR and creating a corporate story with content that adds up, with an emphasis on urban challenges, innovation and impact, overarching collaborations and the link between business, citizens, education & science.
At a company with 1001 stories, good content is never far away. With your creativity and expertise, you pro-actively know how to set the content agenda by combining the urban challenges of the city of Amsterdam with our research & valorization, education, entreneur- and partnership activities. You know how to find the right angles, collaborations and distribution channels to contribute to raising awareness and further improving the positioning and reputation of the institute.
The AMS Communications Team is a small, but enthusiastic and dynamic team that consists of four people: the Communications Officer, the PR and Content Officer, the Communications Student Assistant and the Head of Communications. You will report to the Head of Communications. Even though team members each focus on their own responsibilities and activities, deliverables are always a team effort.
The PR and Content Officer is responsible for:
- Designing, directing and executing our PR activities (both owned and earned) and Content Marketing plan in close collaboration with the Head of Communications.
- Setting the content agenda for our key storylines in close cooperation with our expert teams (Research & Valorization, Innovation, Education & Data Science Team).
- Delivering crisp and convincing content on our owned channels, such as our website, twitter & LinkedIn (including monitoring & reporting).
- Safeguarding our reputation and signaling opportunities for pro-active PR and storytelling.
- Coordinating media requests, advising and guiding our experts & spokespersons.
- Identifying and maintaining relationships with key media outlets and journalists as well as building and maintaining relationships within our network of business partners, stakeholders & influencers.
- You have a relevant academic degree or equivalent qualification and proven experience in PR and are passionate about technology and urban innovation.
- You have excellent written & verbal communications skills, near native English, and also have a professional working proficiency of the Dutch language.
- You have a true understanding of what is newsworthy and know to find the right angles to bring the message across to our target audiences.
- You like to dive into the organization to analyze and gather content that truly makes a difference.
- You have experience in maintaining relationships with external media and know how to create opportunities for press coverage.
- You are social-media savvy and know how to use social media as an integrated part of the media mix.
- You feel connected to the urban challenges of the city of Amsterdam and preferably live in or near Amsterdam.
- Experience in illustrator/InDesign, or video production is a plus to add that extra spark of creativity we are always looking for.
Looking at your personality, you are:
- An enthusiastic and positive person, a true asset to the team
- Creative and pro-active in bringing ideas forward
- A self-starter with high energy
- Result-oriented, accurate and efficient
What we offer
- You will be working from a highly innovative working environment with a team of adaptive and creative professionals that are working to bridge the gap between science and society.
- You will be located in the heart of the city of Amsterdam at the Marineterrein Amsterdam Innovation district.
- Your renumeration is based on the VSNU CAO and is between €2.920 - €4012 gross per month (on 40h/week basis) plus an annual supplementary pay (13th month). We will offer you a one-year contract, and a permanent contract upon good performance.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Debby Dröge, Head of Communications, e-mail email@example.com. For more information about the selection procedure, please contact Martijn van Beersum, HR Officer, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +31 610598900.
Are you interested in this vacancy? You can apply by sharing your motivation and resumé before August 15 with: email@example.com.
AMS Institute is at the heart of our society and strives for the diversity of our society to be reflected in our organization.