Are you fluent in Dutch and English and know how to translate even the most difficult topics to appealing and accessible communication materials/activities? And do you know how to effectively organize your work for multiple projects and deliver results within set deadlines? Continue reading:
- Department: Communications Team AMS Institute
- Job title: Project Communication Officer (Medior)
- Hours per week: 36h a week
- Location: Amsterdam
- Contract: Initial contract for 12 months;
- Salary: Between €2.920 - €4012 gross per month (on 40h/week basis, and depending on work experience). Plus annual supplementary pay (13th month).
In this role you will be working from the Communications team that consists of four people: the Communications Officer, the PR and Content Officer, the Communications Student Assistant and the Head of Communications. You will report to the Head of Communications, but will be working in close collaboration with the program developers of the Research & Valorization Team on their projects/programs.
The quest for mobility solutions
Smart Urban Mobility
We don’t need to look that far in the future to see the mobility challenges of Amsterdam. The number of people visiting, living and working in Amsterdam continues to rise and big events such as EURO2020 and SAIL2020 will have a significant impact.
About Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Metropolitan Solutions
Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Metropolitan Solutions is a leading international research institute in the area of urban innovation and technology. We believe that by generating ideas, talent and collaborations, and closely interacting with cities as we know them today, we can help analyze, design and engineer solutions for the cities we need and aspire. Cities that are more sustainable, prosperous, resilient and just. We call this: re-inventing cities.
Our ambition is to create sustainable metropolitan solutions by realizing a cross-fertilization of ideas. We do this through four main activities: education, research & innovation, entrepreneurship and partnerships. In close collaboration with both public & private partners and citizens, we valorize our research in practice, with the city of Amsterdam as our living lab. AMS Institute is located at in the heart of Amsterdam at Marineterrein Amsterdam.
“I cannot wait for mobility to be zero-emission.”
Program Developer Smart Urban Mobility
Tasks and responsibilities
You are the key communications expert within our projects and the communications project manager, who realizes set communication objectives and deliverables within dedicated research projects or programs. In this role you are responsible for;
- Exploring and scoping communication deliverables in close coordination with our program developers and/or project leaders from the project consortia.
- Designing, directing and executing the project communication deliverables in close collaboration with the program developers and project partners. Such as, facilitating internal project communication, project events, creating newsletters and relevant content, developing project websites, flyers, videos and other communication materials.
- Delivering crisp and high-quality communication materials that contribute to realizing project goals, and vocalizing project results.
- Liaising with the corporate communications team to align communication activities with corporate guidelines and actively share communication opportunities that support corporate communication goals and positioning of the institute. As well as, liaising with project/consortium partners to align communication activities of the project.
“Let's make sure that our projects result in impact, not just reports!”
Research & Valorization
- You are experienced in exploring and developing effective project communication deliverables (for internal and external communications).
- You have a broad communication skill set (from e.g. creating content and developing/facilitating the creation of communication products - websites, videos, infographics - to e.g. designing and aligning communication processes) and a creative and entrepreneurial mindset.
- You have a relevant academic degree or equivalent qualification and proven experience in the field of communication.
- You know how to work in a multiple stakeholder environment, across organizational boundaries, and are a clear communicator who is able to create a shared perspective on communication results and deliverables.
- You know how to connect the dots and create communication synergies between projects and pinpoint opportunities for corporate communications team.
- You can independently shape your activities, and know how to meet project deadlines.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, with excellent written & verbal communications skills.
- You feel connected to the urban challenges of the city of Amsterdam, are passionate about technology and urban innovation. and preferably live in or near Amsterdam.
- You will be working at the forefront of (scientific) innovation in a dynamic and growing community of innovators and city changemakers.
- Exciting multilingual work environment in the heart of Amsterdam.
- Initial contract for 12 months, extensions possible.
- Hours per week: 36h
- Between €2.920 - €4012 gross for a fulltime contract (40h/week) – salary will be according to experience.
- 13th month payment.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Debby Dröge, Head of Communications, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the selection procedure, please contact Martijn van Beersum, HR Officer, email: email@example.com, tel: +31 610598900.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply before May 16, 2021 by sharing your motivation and resumé with: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AMS Institute is at the heart of our society and strives for the diversity of our society to be reflected in our organization.