You are the city, the city is you.
You, me, we are all part of the metropolitan challenges as well as the solutions.
Learn why you are key in resolving global urbanization and sustainability challenges
and how you can engineer the future city.
AMS MOOC ‘Sustainable Urban Development’ (Online course)
Did you know that cities take up less than 3% of the earth’s land surface, but more than 50% of the world’s population live in them? And, cities generate more than 70% of the global emissions?
If you are interested in the challenges of the 21st century metropolitan regions and how these can be solved from within the city and its inhabitants, then the online course (MOOC) ‘Sustainable Urban Development’ is for you!
What will you learn
- The most relevant challenges that metropolitan regions are facing
- How you can respond to these challenges
- Examples of sustainable, metropolitan interventions and solutions
- How to critically reflect on and engage in the sustainable cities debate
- Innovative solutions for your own urban living environment
For who?: Open for anyone who is interested in the subject
Start: 26 January 2016
End: March 2016
Duration: 7 weeks
Estimated effort: 4-6 hours/ week
Language: English (videos, transcripts, content)
Course level: Introductory