FabCity Campus is the exciting project that turns Amsterdam’s Java-eiland into a micro city full of sustainable innovations for 11 weeks. Championing co-creation, urban innovation and circularity as essential points for EU’s Urban Agenda, AMS Institute, Pakhuis de Zwijger and the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences have partnered up with numerous other innovators to bring together 400 students, professionals, artists and creatives. Jointly they’ll work on, explore and showcase cutting-edge solutions to current urban issues.
AMS Institute is organizing a Young Professionals Think Tank on May 12 and June 14. Hosted especially for the young bright minds of our partnering organizations, this two-day programme Smart Urban Retrofit addresses the global challenges faced whilst making the existing housing stock energy neutral.
Transforming existing households into energy neutral homes, has been widely recognized as a pivotal innovation in solving urban issues. Via lectures, workshops, discussions and networking opportunities, this YP Think Tank educates, challenges and connects young professionals to each other, policy makers and seasoned experts. We host the YP Think Tank on Amsterdam’s FabCity Campus. The outcome of these two days will be presented in the public programme New Energy, in the evening of June 14 in Pakhuis de Zwijger.
Registration is open for AMS partners, on a invitation only basis. Curious about smart urban retrofitting, but not able to join the think tank? The outcomes of this think tank will be presented in the public programme New Energy, in the evening of June 14 in Pakhuis de Zwijger.
09.00 Kick-off at AMS Institute (Mauritskade 62, Koninklijk Instituut voor de Tropen, Amsterdam), with
- Arjan van Timmeren, Scientific Director at AMS Institute and Professor of Environmental Technology & Design at TU Delft
- Bas van Vliet, Associate Professor Environmental Policy Group at Wageningen UR
13.00 Lunch at FabCity Campus (Java-eiland, Amsterdam)
14.00 Break out working sessions, with
- Bob Geldermans, Programme Manager Circular City at AMS Institute and Head of Section Climate Design at TU Delft
- Bas van Vliet (see above)
18.00 Presentation and walking dinner
09.00 Inspirational keynotes at FabCity Campus, with
- Boris Hocks, Partner at Posad Spatial Strategies
- (more coming soon)10.00 Break out working sessions, with
10.00 Break out working sessions, with
- Arjan van Timmeren (see above)
- Siebe Broersma, Climate Design & Sustainability researcher at TU Delft
13.00 Lunch and tour at FabCity Campus
14.00 Break out working sessions
17.30 Preparing presentations and walking dinner
20.30 Public presentation outcomes at Pakhuis de Zwijger