The AMS startup Booster focuses on early-stage startups that want to make an impact on city life and solve metropolitan challenges. The pilot of the AMS Startup Booster started in October. Unfortunately, everything had to be digital but even with these constraints the startups have succeeded in taking their business to the next level. We are proud of these 7 selected startups. During this Demo Day they will pitch their various innovative projects and show you the endless possibilities for Amsterdam and cities worldwide.
The 7 amazing startups are:
- Asset Hub: An objective and efficient solution to measure and monitor cracks in masonry buildings and quay walls.
- City Analytics: A crowd monitoring platform providing real-time information about the pedestrian flows in urban spaces.
- Container Collectief: A traveling hybrid design agency that will provide solutions for and with the neighborhood.
- Meli: A mobile app that helps curious travellers uncover any monument’s story on the spot.
- Mublio: A digital design and manufacturing solution to provide beautiful, space-saving interiors.
- Muuras: Living walls with wetland flower species that filter wastewater for in-building reuse.
- Swugo: A service that transforms any regular bicycle into an electric bike.
Click here for more info on the startups.
- 16.00 | Welcome by Stephan van Dijk, Director of Innovation of AMS Institute.
- 16.15 | Walkthrough exposition of the Startups
- 17.25 | Break
- 17.35 | Breakout rooms with the startups
AMS Institute, but we could not have done this without the help of our amazing coaches:
Nadina Galle (researcher at MIT Senseable City Lab)
Ren Yee (Head of innovation, Strategy & Forecasting at UNStudio)
Parsia Tayebi (Head of The Garage)
Sjoerd Leemhuis (co-Founder of Owlin)
Tom van Arman (Founder / Director Tapp | Smart City Prototypes)
Vincent van Dijk (Partner at Strangelove)
Willemien de Vogel-van Musschenbroek Greve (founder of Spriet)
AMS Startup Booster Program
AMS Institute is strongly committed to helping the next generation of ambitious urban and sustainable startups to turn their ideas into reality. With this program AMS Institute brings together innovation, education and science, creating a new vibrant breeding ground for startups working on solutions for the city’s most pressing urban challenges.
Stay updated on developments here.
Registration Demo Day
Are you willing to meet a new generation of ambitious entrepreneurs; city officials, public and private organisations working in cities, people from the Amsterdam Startup Community, investors etc?