Urban Challenges: Smart Urban Mobility, Circularity in Urban Regions, & Climate Resillient Cities.
Location: Marineterrein Amsterdam
The Marineterrein Living Lab (MALL) is an experimental real-life urban setting in the core of Amsterdam where disruptive urban innovations can be tested with real users (citizens) before being replicated on the urban scale. MALL partners, companies, researchers, and governments work together in co-creating, developing and testing solutions addressing current and future metropolitan challenges.
At MALL, experimenters can find:
- A city within the city: a terrain where experimenters can test their innovation with real citizens in a small-scale, real-world environment. They do so together with relevant stakeholders and citizens
- Co-creation and testing with real users, potential customers, and relevant stakeholders in an iterative way following living lab methodologies and using living lab tools (scoping, developing, testing, iterating and evaluating their prototype) to increase impact.
- An ecosystem connecting the experimenters with relevant stakeholders and initiatives.
- Support in the process of setting up the experiment. Making sure the process runs smoothly, allowing the experimenter to focus on developing their urban innovation.
- The possibility to showcase the relevance of the experiments to potential costumers and validate with end users. Giving visibility to the process.
Designing informal green spaces
Climate Resilient Cities
In the condensed urban area it can be a challenge to manage urban green infrastructure. This research develops design knowledge for integrating multiple ecosystem services of small and interstitial informal green spaces (IGS) in the condensed urban area.
Here you can find some of our past experiments.
Bureau Marineterrein, City of Amsterdam, Amsterdam Smart City, Nemo